English, Russian, French > Armenian Free-lance Translator
Translating, interpreting, desktop publishing, editing, web site design
19/1 Vagharshyan Street, #
15, Yerevan, 375012, Armenia
Tel./Fax: + 374 (1) 22-35-60, Fax
in USA: 1 (309) 276-2242
Certified Translator (English, Russian,
French - Armenian)
Fields: business, law,
medicine, agriculture, literature, religion, history, military
Free-lance translation for companies and government agencies in
Armenia, Russia, France, USA, Canada and elsewhere; head up a team of Armenian free-lance translators and
interpreters, compile an Armenian-English Dictionary, develop and maintain Internet
projects, design web
Biayna, Ltd. Moscow, Russia, Vice President / Import Manager. Conducted daily correspondence with 12 foreign
companies; composed and translated letters, faxes, E-mails, contracts; participated in
negotiations; developed and designed catalogues, business plans, profiles and web sites in English,
French, Russian and Armenian. 1994-98.
Ministry of Agriculture of Armenia / United States Department of Agriculture,
Office Manager Yerevan, Armenia. Managed the office staff, located and hired translators and
interpreters; organized meetings with American specialists and interpreted at the meetings; translated numerous highly technical documents,
manuals, fact-sheets, agreements, projects, etc., in Armenian, Russian and
- Graduate of Yerevan State Institute of Russian and Foreign Languages
MA in Linguistics (English and French).
Intensive English Course in Great Britain, English Proficiency Test: Level 9,
London, Brighton 1992-93.
Advanced Computer Course at "Ergo Ted & Terracom", Yerevan, Armenia.
Cochrane Fellowship Program (studied Agricultural Extension in US),
Oklahima, Utah, Kentucky, Colorado, Nevada, Washington, D.C. 1993
- Native language is Armenian.
- Fluent in Russian, English and French.
- Literary and highly technical translations into Russian and English need slight stylistic
- Typing speed: 350 characters per minute in
English, French, Russian and Armenian.
- Expert user of MS Word, Adobe Page Maker, MS Excel, MS Front Page, Corel
- Ellen G. White, “Steps to Christ” (English-Armenian), Yerevan, Armenia,
- Ellen G. White, “The Lion on the Loose” (English-Armenian), Yerevan, Armenia, 1995.
- Ellen G. White, “The Story of Redemption” (English-Armenian), Zaoski, Russia, 1997.
- Authored / translated from Russian into English 32 one-hour-long episodes of TV game “Memorina” aired on the Russian TV channel RTR from January through December 1997.
- Translated from English into Russian the rules for 8 educational games of German company Ravensburger GmbH (300+ pages). The Russian versions were put on production in 1998.
See translation of one game.
Hardware and Software
PC Packard Bell; Intel Pentium III 600 MHz; HDD - 10,8 GB UDMA; RAM - 64 MB, CD/DVD
Player; CD Recorder; Sound card; Microphone; Video camera.
- Modem 56 kbps V.90 Data Fax, 24-hour
access to Internet.
- Printer: HP LJ 1100A, Res: 600x600 dpi; 2 MB RAM; A4.
- Scanner: Umax Astra 6400.
- Software: Windows 98 Pro, MS Word 2000, MS PowerPoint 2000,
Adobe PageMaker 6.5, QuarkXPress 4,0, Adobe Acrobat 4.05, MS Excel 2000, MS Front Page 2000, Corel Draw 10, Corel Photo-Paint 10, Adobe Illustrator 8.0, Adobe Photoshop 6,0, MS Internet Explorer 5.5, Netscape Navigator 4,7, MS Outlook Express 2000,
WinZip 8.0, Norton Antivirus (updated weekly).
viewing the HTML versions you need to install the Armenian
See more detailed general resume